You can help cultivate Orthodox pro-life engagement through an affiliated Orthodox Christians for Life Ministry at your parish!
OCLife Parish Ministries pray for an end to abortion, educate their fellow Orthodox Christians on life issues, and serve their parish and community to help end abortion and create a culture of life.
Like other ministries of our churches which care for weak and vulnerable populations, OCLife Parish Ministries seek to support women at-risk for abortion and their children by collaborating with local organizations to strengthen their impact.
FORMING A MINISTRY
Obtain a blessing from your parish priest
Complete an application
Sign the OCLife affiliation agreement
Define your goals & plan your activities
Hold a minimum of 3 events per year
OCLIFE MINISTRY RESOURCES
The Parish Ministry Program provides national oversight and guidance from OCLife, as well as many free resources including:
*Parish Ministry Guidebook*
*Educational Brochures & Pamphlets*
*Customizable Flyers & Bulletin Inserts*
*Training & Educational Webinars*
GOALS OF A PARISH MINISTRY
1. To support women and men at-risk for abortion in the community.
2. To raise awareness about abortion, assisted suicide, and related bioethical issues.
3. To aid clergy in cultivating an Orthodox pro-life ethic.
4. To assist any Orthodox Christian in an out-of-wedlock or crisis pregnancy.
5. To encourage post-abortive women and men.