Join the organization that is leading the way for Orthodox Christian involvement in pro-life ministry. As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to serve the Church in a big way!
Position: Program Coordinator
ABOUT ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS FOR LIFE
Orthodox Christians for Life is a nonprofit pro-life organization dedicated to equipping the Orthodox community to strengthen its commitment to the sacredness of human life from conception to death. We do this by developing educational resources, offering opportunities for engagement in pro-life ministry, and acting as a bridge between Orthodoxy and the pro-life movement.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the organization's flagship initiative, the Parish Ministry Program. Other key duties include contributing to our social media presence and assisting with events & special projects. The position reports to the Executive Director.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit new affiliated parish groups through networking, direct mail, and other outreach efforts.
- Manage all steps of the affiliation process, including reviewing parish ministry applications, interviewing potential ministry leaders, and reviewing program materials with new groups.
- Maintain updated and organized parish ministry files and database.
- Regularly communicate with parish leaders to develop relationships and offer support and resources.
- Develop and monitor program metrics.
- Promote, coordinate, and track parish participation in major activities, including the March for Life, 40 Days for Life, National Orthodox Baby Shower, etc.
- Lead monthly ZOOM meetings for parish ministry leaders and implement occasional webinars for a broader audience.
- Assist with development of content for parish ministry materials and resources.
- Other tasks, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Orthodox Christian in good standing
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Orthodox Christians for Life
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Flexibility and multitasking ability
- Experience with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or Google Workspace
- Experience in the pro-life movement and/or the nonprofit sector (preferred)
- Ability to contribute to big-picture organizational strategy and long-term goals
- Available to travel for several days at a time, to the annual March for Life in January as well as other occasional events, including several conferences per year
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This position is remote, with flexible hours. Some weekends will be required for travel. 20-25 hours/week (with more hours when traveling); pay is $20/hour.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest detailing your qualifications, relevant experience, and why you would like to work for a pro-life organization, to email@example.com.